Popular Posts

Monday, July 15, 2013

More Thoughts on Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman


If Trayvon Martin had been white no one would have ever heard about this case. Same thing if Zimmerman had been black. As many have pointed out, dozens of young blacks get shot by other blacks in Obama's hometown Chicago every week and Obama, Sharpton and Jackson say nothing.

Martin was not the little darling the main stream media tried to sell. He may have had the right to feel insulted or harassed by Zimmerman, but no one has the right to sucker punch someone who is not being aggressive.

I've been accosted by thugs, both black and white, especially when I lived in Houston. I've pulled a gun on someone once in my life, and that involved a 6'3" white man high on cocaine or meth who had me backed into a corner. I'm glad I didn't have to shoot, but I would have.

Anyone who is going to carry a pistol should do not only the CHL class, but also take in depth lessons on handling a firearm, and equally important, conflict resolution. The number one rule is - be situationally aware, and avoid places and situations where you can be put into a position of having to make that fateful decision.

1 comment:

  1. So how do you know what Martin's state of mind was? Was it possible he was in fear for his life? He did not have a gun. His fists were the only weapon he had. Perhaps if he had a gun and shot first he would have a good case, as Zimmerman was chasing him.

    Since you opened the door on race, lets take a hard look at race and the 216th in Kerrville. More to come.

    ReplyDelete