Popular Posts

Saturday, November 3, 2018

I'd like to change the name of the blog but ....

I've been blogging using the name Judges and Lawyers Hall of Shame for about 10 years. I'd like to change the title to something like Texas Hill Country Crime Blog and actually tried a few weeks ago. It got no hits for two days, then I realized that the old name had been around long enough and enough people read it that the big search engines had recognized it. So I changed it back and the readership went up again.

The reason I'd like to change it is that the criminal bar in our area, and I'm including prosecutors, are honorable, decent professionals. I don't always agree with our local district attorneys, Scott Monroe and Lucy Wilke, but they are honest and fair and dedicated to protecting the community. If they tell you they'll do something they do it.

We are also blessed with good judges. I won't get specific because I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to toady up.

We have a good defense bar too. The bad apples - Perry Cortese and Kevin Fine come to mind - get weeded out.

I also do federal criminal defense, mostly in San Antonio, and the same comments apply. Good judges, prosecutors and defense lawyers.

Most of our law enforcement agencies and officers in the Hill Country are also good people. Overall, I can't think of any place that I would be as happy as I am being a lawyer in Kerrville and the Hill Country.

So, I'd like to change the blog's name but it would knock it off the search engines so it will stay Judges and Lawyers Hall of Shame.

....................

I haven't blogged much the last month but will get after it again this weekend. I'll wrap up the Hal and Connie Bynum story, then write about the Perry Cortese federal conviction for wire fraud and money laundering, Jamie Baligia's federal indictment for trying to rip off the head of one of the most violent Columbian cartels, and other crimes of local interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment